Virginia Family Research

Revolutionary Soldiers

Research on Colonial families can sometimes be aided by the investigation of Revolutionary service records. We can search the archives of the Library of Virginia for the military service of your ancestor in one of the original thirteen colonies. The possible types of records are Muster Rolls, Payroll Rosters, and Pension and Bounty Land Applications.

To begin the search for the Revolutionary Service Records of your ancestor, we need to know the name of the individual (with any known variations in spellings) and if possible the county or region of residence. As there are often a number of soldiers with the same or similar name, it is sometimes helpful to know the names of wives and children. This type of information can often help in distinguishing one soldier from another.

Click here to inquire about
Revolutionary Soldier Research.
Click here to learn more about our
services, rates and payment options.

James and Karen Ward
specializing in:
Virginia Family Research
e-mail for more information

Virginia Family Research

* is the internet domain name of James & Karen Ward
operating on the internet as Virginia Family Research.

Revised: Sept 2010